What Military Members Need to Know About Laser Tattoo Removal
Every year, nearly 200 thousand people enlist in the armed forces. There are certain requirements, such as physical and educational standards prospective military members must consider before joining. In recent years, the guidelines regarding tattoos have become more stringent, causing certain branches of the military to forbid or limit particular tattoos as a requisite to joining or moving up in rank in the military.
Strict Tattoo Polices
For instance, the Army’s policy states that tattoos, regardless of subject matter, are prohibited on certain areas of the body, including the wrists, hands and fingers, as well as the head, face, and neck. In addition, certain branches of the military such as the Army have detailed their parameters on tattoos:
- No more than four hand-size tattoos below the elbow and knee
- Prohibit sleeve tattoos that cover a person’s entire arm
- Ban sexist, racist, indecent or extremist tattoos
- Bar enlisted soldiers from requesting commissions as officers if they have tattoos that violate the new policies
- Require commanders to document any tattoos that violate the new rules among current soldiers
- Order commanders to check their soldiers for new tattoos every year
Laser Tattoo Removal for Military
The tattoo removal process is usually a quick and comfortable procedure, spanned out over multiple sessions depending on the tattoo’s size, density, location and color. Tattoo removal with an effective Q-Switched works with laser light applied to the tattooed area of the skin. The light is absorbed by the tattoo ink particles, leaving the surrounding skin unharmed. When the laser light is applied, the tattoo ink particles absorb the laser energy, heat up, and fragment into smaller ink particles. These particles are then absorbed and flushed away by the body until the next treatment.
At LeBeau Clinic, we are highly trained in laser tattoo removal using the Astanza Trinity System to treat a wide range of tattoo colors, sizes and locations. We welcome military members to contact us to request a consultation and ask us about out military discount.