Considering Botox? Here are 4 Things You Need to Know
Are you considering Botox to improve lines and wrinkles? Here are the top 4 things to know first:
1) What is Botox, and is it safe? Botox is drug prepared from the bacterial toxin botulin. It is used cosmetically to relax the contraction of muscles and block nerve impulses to soften wrinkles. Botox injections can be very safe when performed by an experienced doctor, and common side effects include swelling or bruising at the injection site.
2) Is it right for me? Botox is FDA approved for men and woman from ages 18-65. Because of this, Botox can be used to treat existing wrinkles or can be used as a preventative treatment before noticeable wrinkles appear.
As we contract certain facial muscles, collagen breaks down over time. The sooner Botox is used preventatively, the less wrinkles have an opportunity develop long term.
3) What does Botox treat? Botox is often used cosmetically to improve:
- The Glabella (frown lines between the eyes)
- Forehead lines
- Crow’s feet (lines around the eyes)
- Lines around the bridge of the nose
4) What can I expect, and will it hurt? When administered by certified physician, a Botox injection should be safe and should not be painful. The toxin usually requires 24-72 hours to take effect, and cosmetic improvement is usually seen within two days, but can take up to two weeks.
To find out more about Botox in Pensacola, we welcome you to contact us. Our staff and triple Board Certified Facial and Reconstructive Surgeon are here to answer your questions and provide the best treatment for you on the Gulf Coast.