5 Things You Need to Know About BroadBand Light (BBL) and Aesthetic Laser Services
With February wrapping up, Spring is steadily making its way to us. In Florida, that means sunny days and summertime heat is soon to arrive. To accommodate all of our patients who deal with daily sun exposure and natural aging changes that affect the skin, LeBeau Clinic is excited to be the exclusive provider of aesthetic and reconstructive laser treatments on the Gulf Coast with the revolutionary Sciton Joule Laser. We could go on about the benefits of this unprecedented device, like it’s ability to reverse the aging of skin cells and provide brighter, smoother skin. However, it’s essential to also know some of the details about the laser process. Here is some need-to-know information about the Sciton Laser:
1. Proven results of younger skin: A recent Stanford University study states that BroadBand Light (BBL) treatments were able to reverse the aging of skin cells, producing younger looking skin. Dr. LeBeau offers several types of BBL services that can brighten, clear or smooth the skin and is excited that there is science to back up the results he sees from BBL treatments. He also often combines these treatments with other dermal fillers, Botox and other laser modalities to obtain the optimal results.
2. Choosing the best treatment for you: With the many services we offer, like MicroLaser Peel, SkinTyte, Pro-fractional or BBL, it won’t be difficult for you to find a solution for you skin’s needs. The best way to learn about our personalized treatment options is to meet with Dr. LeBeau for a complimentary consultation where he will examine your skin and go over a treatment plan to obtain the results you desire. Visit our laser rejuvenation page to see what treatment options we offer.
3. Preparation: Before a consultation or appointment at our office, you may fill out new patient forms online to save time. Dr. LeBeau suggests patients come in with a clean face without makeup to view all areas of the skin of the face, neck and chest that may receive treatment. Next, you will have a series of photographs taken in a specialized room optimized by one of the top portrait photographers on the Gulf Coast so that your before and after pictures may be standardized and accurately compared to ensure consistency AND RESULTS.
4. After care: To achieve a smooth recovery after laser services, Dr. LeBeau recommends patients begin a customized post-treatment process tailored to the procedure performed. Our nurse, Julie Peters, R.N., has intimate knowledge of these procedures and will provide you with specific post-treatment instructions, a protective balm and a gentle cleanser to help keep your skin moisturized and on the way to becoming fully healed. When going outdoors during the healing process, it is helpful to wear a hat to shield your skin from the sun. Once your skin is healed, Dr. LeBeau recommends using a high SPF, mineral-based sunscreen such as the one offered in our signature, medical-grade skincare line.
5. Follow up: Many of the laser and BBL treatments offered are most effective when preformed in a series. Typically, Dr.LeBeau will suggest a series of three or four treatments for services like BBL or SkinTyte to obtain the best results as well as an annual maintenance regimen thereafter.
“Sun damage, dark spots and broken blood vessels on the face, neck and chest respond best to a series of 3 to 4 BBL treatments spaced approximately a month apart. The great thing about BBL is that there is little to no “downtime” and clients may return to work the same day,” says Dr. LeBeau.
Considering the benefits of the Sciton Laser and now having a better appreciation for the customization and specialized aesthetic laser services offered at LeBeau Clinic, there isn’t a better time to make an appointment to experience brighter, smoother, and younger appearing skin.